Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Greatest is Love!

Last Saturday it was Amanda and Janelle and I at home. So we headed downtown to visit a little shop, called Rose Wood Cottage,on it's grand re-opening. They had a fire a few months back and are now ready to go again. It was the coolest store. They used to have all kinds of neat things- a mixture of antiques and newer unique finds...(Candy- I think you would call their stuff 'shabby chic') I loved going in there. But I was disappointed this time. All they had was a bunch of Easter stuff, bunnies, eggs, etc. It was really cute stuff, just not what I was hoping to see. So we walked over to the Christian bookstore. They carry a fair bit of artwork and home decorating items. I found some "words" to put on my wall. They're made out of iron. I was surprised to find that they were only $8 each! So I got the trio, Faith, Hope and Love. Each one is about 8" tall. Amanda was helping me take pictures of them for you all to see. Candy you can (somewhat) see my pink walls in these pics. For now these words are just stuck on the wall wherever there happens to be a hook. The lady that owned this house before us had TONS of stuff on her walls! So when we paint, we'll do a lot of nail hole filling and only have these hooks where we want them.

12 comments:

my4kids said...

I love the shabby chik look also.
Those are cute signs also.
Also regarding your comment on my blog. I used to go to favorites to find the blogs I read also until I figured it was easier to just go to them from my own blog. Makes it much easier when I am looking on a different computer then my own.

Candy said...

Heather!!! I love these signs!!!!
:) love the pink walls too :)
Love Candy

Anonymous said...

These signs are adorable, and what an amazing price!! I love finding a great deal like that, and I love having inspirational words and poems posted around the house.

I know what you mean about going out and the car seats... that might have been more exhausting than the shopping itself... in and out, in and out again!! :-) But it would be fun to go back for a little while...

Momma Roar said...

Great signs - I love things like this!!

When are you planning to repaint?

Heather K said...

when am I planning to repaint..?? hmm.. well I WAS thinking of doing it over spring break...and it is Thursday of the second week and I haven't started..It has been a lazy time, this break! We've done a lot of lazing around... and not a lot of work other than the basics. Who knows...maybe I'll get started yet.... (c;
Heather

Momma Roar said...

Oh, I didn't know if you had a set time in mind - I hope you are planning to take pictures!!

Heather K said...

Yes I will definitely take pictures... I love the before and after thing... so yes... when I do finally get to it, I'll post some pics!

Christie Belle said...

How pretty. I love "wall words". I especially like the faith, hope, love trio, as you got. And at $8! What a good buy:)
Christie

~ Amy ~ said...

Which room of the house will you hang your new trio? Not that I know the layout of your house and it would make a bit of difference which room you chose - but that's the first thing that popped into my head. I can't wait to see the finished painting project.

Heather K said...

I guess maybe this is sad but...My first thought after reading these comments was, well I guess I really gotta get my butt in gear and get painting because now I told them that I was going to do it! lol Anyway... it should be soon... so we'll see..
(C:

Lori said...

I love all three of those signs.
I want to find something like that or something else that says Faith, Hope and Love.
I do have a Fruits of the Spirit plaque hung up in my bedroom. But want to find something new.

Mimi said...

Like everyone else, I love the iron words.