Wednesday, April 9, 2008
I'm so glad I finally got a camera. I've been without one for many years. Which makes me very sad, since we've missed MANY photo opportunities with the kids these last several growing up years. :(
I got a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H3. It is last years model, so I got a great deal on it. I ended up paying about $100 for it. It's brand new, but it is last years model and was the last one in the store. It was on sale for $300. The salesman then threw in a $30 bag, a $75 memory card and also took off $100!! It was a super deal.
We had dropped into C*ostco to visit my brother, who manages their hearing aid department. He came outside and ate lunch with the kids and I and then wandered over to the electronics store nearby.
My brother, Tom, has been looking into cameras lately so was able to tell me that this is an excellent camera and well worth the cost at $300! So it was exciting to be able to walk out with such a good deal in hand!.
The camera had a VERY good review with one minor, slightly negative comment. In many ways it is very comparable to an SLR! It has 'super steady shot'...very good for shaky me..it has 10X optical zoom and 8.1 mega pixels! One other good feature is that it is powered by a lithium rechargeable battery! I did NOT want a camera that required AA batteries. The camera also included a charger for the battery.
I took the pictures too late in the day so they are rather dark. This top photo has cloud hovering over it, not smoke.
Playing with the camera.
This is a shot of the side that was four floors tall before the fire...one floor left.
I'm afraid that the targeted opening date will no longer be feasible.
Now THAT is why they make concrete fire walls mandatory in the building code!!
The fire department did an awesome job!! This building was no more than 30 feet from the burning building!! Way to go guys!!!
Playing with the new camera. :)
They caught 3 teens within a very short time. I believe they were in the crowd watching the fire. As awful as it is for these kids to do such a terrible thing, I feel bad for them. They're crying out for help in a very bad way. I could not imagine the heartbreak of being these kids parents.
There are many people whose lives have been disrupted by this fire. I personally know one family affected. Their parents have been living apart in different facilities because they have different levels of care needed. They've both been heartbroken to be apart after 50 something years of marriage and then being separated. They now will have to wait longer until they can be together again.
If you're here because I sent you an email please leave a comment and let me know you were here!! thx~Heather