Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A New Menu

I'm trying a new menu. It's from menus4moms
I'm going to see how it goes. It looks like some good meals...
She also has a 'busy cooks pyramid'. It lays out the basics to simply and easily making your dinner in 30 minutes or less. The best part is they seem to be nutritious meals. She lays out a plan to have 30-40 meals in your freezer within 4-6 weeks without any marathon cooking. I think this is something that I could possibly manage! lol... I used to be a very creative cook, but have become a boring cook making the same few meals and being disorganized with menu planning and food shopping.
When the kids were all little, I used to try a new recipe about once or twice a week and my hubby loved it! Now it's a big occasion when I do try something new!! So we'll see how this goes... there are a few things on there that we probably wouldn't eat, one of them being pork, but we can easily substitute one of my 'old boring' meals!! :o))
Something else that is nice is that they have a printable shopping list for each weeks menu! Yay!! that's half the battle there! She talks about a printable shopping list where you can enter the prices for the items you need and when you print out your list, you know exactly how much your grocery bill is going to be when you leave the store! Sounds good but I don't know that I'll get THAT organized!! I love these ideas but find it hard to put them all into practice... so we'll start small and just do the menu plan and the simple grocery list!!
My two week menu is on the sidebar on the right if you want to take a look. The link to their site is also there.
OH! One thing I forgot to mention: It's free!!! I'll be posting some pictures of our yummy meals soon!
Thanks for dropping by...Next time maybe we'll have tea! ;)
Heather

3 comments:

Lori said...

I always like to get and try some new recipes. I look forward to your recipes.
I like meals that you can prepare in 30 minutes or less.



P.S. I like you Martina McBride "Blessed" song and video.

Momma Roar said...

Heather - I am with you on the trying to get meals organized. I finally sat down and got a 6 week meal plan (with the help of a good friend) and we are in week 3 and it is going well. I have included our 'old standbys' as well as trying some different things. I've also worked in 'easy meals' and for the possibility of eating out. I am so unorganized. I've also joined flylady to get my house under control, haha! It stays pretty clean, but I've got lots of clutter. I look forward to seeing pictures of your meals!!

Christie Belle said...

What a neat idea, plus I love trying new recipes! I will have to look into this for when I move back to base when Jason gets home:) Thanks for sharing!!
Christie