Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Great Deal at Twice the Price!!



I was walking through Walmart and noticed some books on their clearance cart. We can never have too many books here. Our girls are avid readers and we have a hard time keeping up with books for them to consume!!! Sometimes I think that if we let them that is all they would do-read!
They had these boxed sets of Illustrated Classics- eight to a set-on for $5 each. I picked up two of the sets. Each one has different books in it. The printed price on each book is $11.95 Cdn. funds! So for $10 +tax I got $191.20 worth of books!!! Wow what a deal.
They are geared for the younger girls ages and they have really enjoyed them too... The nice part is I don't feel I have to screen these books like I do the ones they bring home from school. . They've plowed through a good portion of them already!

10 comments:

Rita Loca said...

My children loved those as well. Good deal!

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing deal for such great books!! I will have to check my WalMart and see if I can find them, too. I know what you mean about screening books... I thought I was doing well keeping up with what my 13 year old is reading from the Jr High library, but my 8 year old just brought home a Star Wars comic book from school, and I don't think the librarian could have read through it before she put it out... It had stuff that wasn't in the movie and was rated R at least. I was embarassed that he saw something like that, yuck!! It's so nice to have nice books you can trust!!

Lori said...

I hope you don't mind my dropping by your blog again. Feel free to come visit mine again.
What a great deal! I love to find deals like that! Those are all great books to own too.

The last few weekends that we've shopped I've founds awesome clearance deals on clothing at Walmart.

Christie Belle said...

What a great buy, it's so great that your girls love to read:) I started enjoying reading early on and I still enjoy it so much now. Looks like you got some really fun books, too.

Disney for Boys said...

Wow what an awesome find! Tomorrow is our Wally world shopping trip and I am going to try to find these! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Great buy and you are so blessed your children love to read!

Candy said...

Great buy thats for sure! :)
Hey Heather, can I ask you to remember Rocko and I in prayer today? Were not feeling well...
Candy

Candy said...

I just noticed you removed your word verification YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) heeheee

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. Life is really pretty great and I'm very blessed. Yes, we all go through some hard times. It's good to be reminded who are strength comes from. He is always there to see me through. I appreciated your words....

Heather K said...

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Great to have you all!
Tiany I was going to come over and say hi but your blog seems to have restricted access.... or I did something wrong....?