Sunday, August 17, 2008

contemplations.....

Well here it is the 17th of August..and I sit here contemplating the end of summer. two more weeks and the girls are back in school...that makes me sad. I have had such a wonderful summer with them. We've been really busy. We've had lots of friends stop in for a visit, quite a bit of time with both Randal and my family visiting and also have celebrated two or three birthdays. We've also had several cousins come to stay. So all in all, it's been a great summer. But unfortunately time keeps marching on, summer ends school starts, the kids get older, we get older..... :) gee that sounds so melancholy! I guess I just hate to see the freedom and fun of summer end. Our time together has been sweet.
Aaaaah...time to start looking to the new school year and the next step in our lives. Everyone starting a new grade...new teachers...little bits of anxiety over how Janelle will do with her new teacher. I'm trying to look toward that part with a positive attitude...one of not dreading it but of being proactive in her education this year. I tell myself that she will be fine. I hope I'm right!!

We've got some plans forming for this coming year that are of a very different nature. We will spend some time planning and working at it. Then when things are firmed up I'll let you all know what we're up to! Please pray for us that things will work out for us......I know that's pretty vague, but that's as much as I can say right now. Like I said, I'll give you all the details when I can.
Well it's time to get ready for church..well actually it's pretty much time to leave! gotta run! Have a super day!
Heather

4 comments:

Scottish Poet said...

Hey Heather, deeply thought provoking - your post.

Rest assured you are all in prayers and of the future ahead.

As for school - here in Scotland the kids start back tomorrow - and I feel sure there will be a lot of gloomy faces - and that's just the teachers.

I wish Janelle every success with her new teacher and for her studies too - remain positive and may she continue to gain both knowledge and confidence.

It has indeed, been such a hectic summer for you - and yet the importance is very evident in the delightful coming together of family & friends to share in the joys of summer and companionship with laughter along the way.

As the months and years - increase in speed - may you retain always such treasured memories of your children and your valued input in their awakening to all things in life.

As I am ready to embark in September to my new home - it also awakens positive thoughts for the future and the joys ahead.

In prayers and may your Sunday be one of happiness for the future ahead.

Scottish Poet said...

Hope you are all well?

Heather K said...

Hey Peter...your blog is not available...hopefully everything is okay...
we've been sooo busy here..
took my daughter to have some "thing" removed from her leg 2 days ago...now she has a wound with 8 stitches healing up! We get the pathology report next week. I'm sure it's just some kind of a wart or something similar.

More company coming today!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know how you feel, hoping your daughter and her new teacher are a good mix. My son had such problems with his first teacher last year, that the principal finally moved him and he did better. I'm not sure about his teacher this year... we will see. I hope it works out for your daughter. I guess they are starting school any day now, if they haven't already?