Friday, August 15, 2008

summer....cousins.....fun.......



My brother, Paul, got sucked into a game of charades with all of us. He dropped the cousins off and then headed back home...it's a 4 - 5 hour drive.




"See ya in a week, Uncle!"



The kids brought a snake in to show me....I decided to be brave and hold it...
Not the best plan. It tried to head up my arm and just seconds after this photo, I had an involuntary arm thrust! :P The poor snake went flying and hit the floor. You should have seen our uncle move! Apparently he doesn't like snakes. Hee hee.



"I'm not so sure about this!" :D





Can a snake be cuddled??















The girls trying to get away from the other kids who were trying to "show" their snakes to them. ;)

6 comments:

Scottish Poet said...

Wow - You & your kids - are brave!!!

The sight of a snake - flying in the air - would have been - diving out of the window - even if it was closed at the time!!!!

Great photo's to view and start the weekend.

ps Have you tried out 'plurk' yet? Terri(my4kids) has it on her blog - and of course I just had to copy - and now I luv 'plurk'

Give it a try .... Enjoy the weekend.

Heather K said...

no....I haven't really been doing much reading..as you can tell by the pictures, things are pretty hectic around here...I'm surprised I took the time to do these posts!! Aren't you soo impressed! I'll go take a peek and see what it's all about. :)

Oh by the way...the snakes are harmless "garter snakes". I had to reassure my sis in law that I wasn't allowing her kids to play with venomous snakes!

Scottish Poet said...

I am 'impressed' - you have had quite a hectic time lately and certainly a full house.

As for the 'snakes' - a snake - is a snake - in my eyes - hence I could beat the olympics - at such a sight.

Heather K said...

Peter...i can't access your profile!
you need to send me an invite. :)

Scottish Poet said...

That' strange???? Although Terri had the same problem - I think it was the settings. Should be okay now.

My usual paranoia - need for meds... (jokingly said - I hasten to add).

http://scottishislespoet.blogspot.com/

Good luck - hope to receive a comment on my blog.

weavermom said...

I can't believe your kids held the snake! Both of mine run like crazy kids! :)