Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Family Get Together

This past weekend we spent with with my brother who came up from the coast.
We went down to a little town a bit south of us and spent the day doing "the tourist thing."
We meet at a beach park and visited there for a while.
My nephew, Zachary, plays football so we brought one along and got a bit of a game going.


Rob and Charlene and their kids Karlin, Meg, and Zach.
The eldest daughter, Alysha, wasn't up this trip.


Foolin' Around

We then went for a walk down to the old train tressel. It's been converted into a bridge that is part of the KVR trail that runs from town through town throughout the Okanagan.


A pond along the way


An Okanagan View





Some of the kids braved the chilly waters... I love Lindsay's facial expression here :-)

Later we visited TickleBerries, a rather famous stop for ice-cream here.
After we braved the long lines we sat outside on picnic tables beside a creek.



Yum!


I love this picture.


Janelle and Karlin playing in the creek.

And that's all for now!
Have a fabulous rest of the week!

Heather


Just Kidding! Did I fool you? I talked like her and from her point of view, but this is Courtenay, hence any mistakes that were most likely made.
Mom let me write her blog today.
Have a nice day! =)

9 comments:

philosophy within poetry said...

Family get together's are always more appealing - when ice cream - is on the menu ...

Although, in order to obtain the ice-cream - by means of jumping into cold water - was a bit harsh - now whose idea was that???

Got to admit 'C' - you have done a great job in your posting and out of all the great photo's - Have to agree - that photo is amazing in detail and colour.

weavermom said...

Fooled me! I love the picture of the stream going over the rocks!

Christy said...

it is beautiful!!!! And you fooled me too LOL

my4kids said...

Love the name of the ice cream place! Too cute.
Did fool me couldn't tell it wasn't Heather.
Love the photos they are gorgeous.

philosophy within poetry said...

Hey, You now have a choice of (2) music lists to follow

Look down the page for 'Philosophy of Music' - to enjoy even more.

Heather K said...

yeah she did a good job...I was laughing as I read it because I thought she sounded funny until she told me that she was trying to sound like me! :P
Will be over Peter to check out the new music...we had your list playing in the kitchen for about an hour(I think) Very enjoyable..quite a mixture!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Courtenay!!

Heather, what a cool mom you are to let your daughter blog for you!! I don't know how my kids would capture my "voice" if I let them blog for me... it would probably be them imitating one of my hour long lectures!! :-)

Looks like you all had a great day!!

Heather K said...

thanks for the compliment Kitty...good to see you back after SO long away! If the truth were known about her blogging for me... well..I told her she could do it for me just because I was tired and didn't feel like it but wanted to post about the weekend...she was happy to do it! :D
good to see you too Terri,Christy and Weavermom..thanks for stopping by.
:)

K said...

wow- I havent been here in ages. You guys have been busy! Dont you love summer visitiing? Great photos. Have a good summer.