Saturday, July 5, 2008

Canada Day photos

July 1st, Canada day was a quiet day at home until late afternoon. We joined some friends at the beach for a few hours, went to their house for supper and then back to the beach for some fireworks. They were great fireworks..especially for a small town of 10,000!



The bunch "racing" to the water.


Looks like Lindsay is in the lead!


hmmmm...hard to tell the winner now!


Courtenay and friends standing in the water in their clothes... :P


Lindsay being funny.







5 comments:

philosophy within poetry said...

Hey Heather, I guess you declined the water in favour of a photographer status ;)

We in Scotland take to the water on News Years Day - bitter cold sea - and all for charity and it helps those with a hangover.

Luv the fireworks and a proud moment for all in Canada, for a nation who are ready to show their pride in the flag.

Well done all - who ventured into the sea.

Heather K said...

No I didn't venture into the water..as you could tell..We also take to the water on New Years day here in Canada..we call it the polar bear swim...I don't think it's for charity though...just for stupidity!! heehee..just kidding...sort of.. :) It's a beautiful sunny sunday here.

philosophy within poetry said...

I guess one could use the 'polar bear' coat (how to extract from the polar bear may be the problem) - when dipping in the sea on New Years Day.

As I write the rain has stopped and a glimpse of blue sky in between the clouds - often happens in the evening here.

Enjoy your day

my4kids said...

Looks like a fun day! I love a good fireworks show. I have some from our Fourth of July to share once I get to post.

Heather K said...

Hey Terri...good to see you back on..
Hope you're doing well and enjoying the summer. =)