Sunday, November 4, 2007

Saturday...the THIRD day!

Today was Saturday...and we spent the whole day home...It was really nice. It seems like we rarely do that...especially with all of us here! Randal was outside cleaning up leaves and finishing off winterizing the pool. That kept him busy all day because he also put away the deck furniture and I don't know what else! But it looks great out there...other than the fact that everything is either dead or dying :\
We're doing an experiment with the potted plants from the pool deck. The girls and Randal brought them all in. They're sitting down in the workshop for the winter. We're hoping that they'll survive and we can put them back out in the spring. Annuals are SO expensive. It's really easy to spend a couple hundred $$ on flowers! Although it's also very painful. This year I waited until everything was clearance priced....One downside to that, is that then everything takes so long to get big. By the end of the growing season it all is looking just beautiful! So hopefully the little experiment works.

Courtenay and I spent the day painting. We got the kitchen and the livingroom finished, well almost! The trim still needs doing, but at least we got those tall walls done! Once we finish the trim (tomorrow, I hope)the next challenge will be to reach the ceiling in the entrance! It's about 10' going up to about 14'...I'm not sure where we'll find a couple of ladders tall enough to get that done!? Oh well..we'll figure that out when we get to it.

Hope you all had a great Saturday today, and we'll chat again tomorrow! :D
ps... I see this is technically after midnight... but it's still the same day for me! especially since I haven't gone to bed yet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great post and so reflective of what Autumn in its dying days - alllows the painful reminder of dead plants and leaves..

Hope you are successful in saving the "annuals" as they are indeed rather expensive and it would be so wonderful it they survive and give you enjoyment next year.

I see your 'addiction' for painting has not diminished - alas my spiders and cobwebs - are quite happy thank you...

Keep posting - always enjoy reading..

Anonymous said...

We didn't get things cleaned up as well as I would have liked. I am on my way outside soon, to do some work. I have a tremendous painting job to begin that entails a wall downstairs that coninues up the stairs and around the corner and along the loft wall, to the next corner and around that. The house is so small the loft is spit into an office with 3 bookshelves and a desk along the walls and the girls room has bunk bed and dressers. There is barely walking space so I am not sure where or how to move furniture to paint. Which is why I have wanted to do it for 4 years and have not got around to it. Thanks for visiting my blog. Not sure about that happy dance.

Christy said...

I THINK (I may be wrong) that you can rent the ladders from Lowes or other supply stores. If not, call Home Depot or Lowes and I bet they could direct you to the correct person.

We had to rent a ladder several months ago and I believe we got it from Lowes...

my4kids said...

We don't spend much on plants since I can't keep them alive! Doesn't matter how it looks when we get it. It's dead in no time.
Hope the experiment works for you guys though!

MightyMom said...

for a wall that's over 10 feet tall you really should see about getting or making a small scaffolding as using a ladder for that height is very dangerous!!

;-)