Friday, June 15, 2007

FACEBOOK

Have you heard of Facebook? It's the newest thing that I've found. Apparently most people find it addicting...Not me.... I could take it or leave it. I find blogging much more enjoyable. But one thing about it... you can look up old friends...
I found a childhood friend on there that I'm waiting to hear back from. We were best friends for many years and when I was about 16 I lived with her family for part of a year. I was so excited to find her. We haven't talked for about 12 years or so... I've heard that she's gotten married.. had a baby... and I don't know what else she's done, but I'm really glad that I finally tracked her down.
If you go back in my archives, I've actually written about her. Her name is Darla.... we had TONS of fun together.
Anyway... If I had to choose between these two vices, I'd pick this one... I find it's much more personal. We get to know each other through our blogs. Being relational beings, I think most of us would pick this over the other...
So what do YOU think... AND do you have a Facebook account too??

8 comments:

Susan said...

Heather - Never heard of facebook. I hope your friend contacts you. I love the blog can't think of anything being better.

On your note on my 30th vows yes Jessica is now 21!!! She is beautiful and not married yet.
Susan

Jennifer said...

HAHA! this is a funny post to me, mainly b/c my 11th Grade Bible Study Girls are addicted to MySpace and FaceBook. They even convinced ME to set up a MySpace account about a year ago. I definitely prefer blogging. I do enjoy how MySpace is very easy to change the layout. I have still not been able to do it with my blog page.

Great post! Love it!

Oh, and if you get a hankerin' to visit my MySpace page... go here..

http://www.myspace.com/wakegrad04

Portrait of Peter said...

Over here in the UK there is a site called "Friends reunited" and its very popular too.

Must admit I enjoy the blog scene and would much prefer here too.

Momma Roar said...

I've never heard of facebook. It is probably better though, one less thing for me to become addicted to! ;-)

Lori said...

I haven't heard of face book either.

INSANITY said...

HI: I haven't heard about facebook. I just might have to check it out!!!

Thanks for you comment!

Anonymous said...

My kids are all into facebook. All the college kids around here have it. In high school it was Xanga and then Myspace, now it's facebook. Both of my girls check their facebook everyday. I know my 22 year that's living back home old found high school friends that she had lost contact with for the last few years since she moved out of state. I don't know anything about it.
I have a Myspace that I started before blogging to send messages to my Dallas kids for fun. I never use it. We use the phone and sometimes Skype which allows us to use a webcam and see eachother. It's great...we talk for free and get to see eachother.
No fruit in season here yet by the way.

my4kids said...

I do have a facebook acount and also a myspace account. I enjoy blogging more though. I find a lot of people on myspace but not many on facebook.