Sunday, June 24, 2007

Addendum to the previous post.. scroll down then come back to this one.




Amanda showing her fish to me, while Courtenay looks on.

This was a very exciting time for Amanda.. She caught her first fish ever!! She was really excited and wanted Dad to show them how to 'gut' a fish. So he got down on the ground with them and gutted it. I decided that if we're going to be catching fish then we should be eating them, otherwise it's a waste. So I put the fish into tinfoil with butter and seasoning salt and cooked it over the fire... It was actually pretty good. :) Not too long after eating we got everything together and into the van.
We left about 8 pm. As we're driving along the narrow little bush road, I hear Lindsay behind me asking if she can drive.... She's 15 and has never driven... but I hesitate... while thinking.. then said sure... I guess so... if Dad doesn't mind....So he said he didn't see why not... She COULDN'T believe it!!!! She was SO excited. We let her drive for about an hour... I think it was the highlight of the year for her! She did really well too....Must get it from her mother!! lol...

9 comments:

my4kids said...

Congratulations to Amanda on catching her first fish!
If that was us it would have been Izzak gutting the fish. He's been gutting fish since he was oh probably 7. I know scary to think of a kid with a knife but he has never hurt himself with one and just has a knack for it. He is very outdoorsy like that.
My kids have been going fishing with dad since they could hold a small pole so they have caught lots of fish, the girls even!
I don't look forward to Izzak being old enough to start driving. I'm very nervous with anyone else driving, except maybe kelly and my dad. In Alaska Kelly was telling me they can get a learner permit at 14 though....now that is scary! 14 is only 2 years away!

Heather K said...

you have to be 16 here.... so Lindsay doesn't have one... but we let her drive since we were way out in the bush away from civilization and other vehicles....but it's 14 over in Alberta too.... I'm glad it's not that young here though.

Momma Roar said...

What great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! And how fun, the first time driving and the first fish!!! =) Sounds like a really fun day!!

Lori said...

The pictures are great. Looks like everyone had a fun time fishing.

Debbie said...

Very exciting getting your first fish.

We love canoeing, too. It looks like everyone had a great time. Again, I'm enjoying all of the pictures.

Jennifer said...

What an amazing view!

I have never actually eaten any fish that we have caught, we usually just throw them back into our little river. That is so interesting to me, but I don't believe that my stomach could handle the 'gutting' part.

Your pictures are great! They tell the story in and of itself!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both Amanda for catching the fish and Lindsay for her first driving experience.

Really great photos of you all and the scenic view is stunning too.

I just cannot believe how young one can drive over there. Here in the UK it is 17 and boy do I remember my driving experience soooo many years ago now.

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know - that I've moved over to the 'dark side'.

Yet again, 'wordpress'.

Must be my medication!!!

Enjoy the sunshine.