Sunday, April 1, 2007

Spinach Salad SUPREME!!! OOPS! check below for recipe correction!


My niece brought her mom's new recipe for spinach salad when she came up recently with Nana. We have had it a few times it is absolutely fabulous! So here's the recipe:


1 bag spinach
1 orange peeled and chopped small
1 cup mayonnaise (should be 1/4 c)
1 cup vanilla yogurt(should be 1/4 c) the only difference is you'd have lotsa dressing left!
1/4 tsp poppy seeds


Put cleaned spinach into bowl and toss with the orange. Mix next 3 ingredients together and toss with the spinach. Serve immediately. I recommend that you mix the dressing up and let it sit in the fridge for an hour or two. Serves 4-6
When we make it we keep the dressing separate in case we don't eat it all. That way it won't go limp and soggy. Hope you give it a try - It's amazing!

9 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

Thanks for the recipe - it looks so appetising.

I do need to look at my diet.

Blessings to yu.

~ Amy ~ said...

mmmmm.....sounds yummy!

Lori said...

Sounds yummy. I'm going to have to copy this recipe.

Anonymous said...

This does sound good, and perfect for springtime!! I'm going to try it, too :-)

my4kids said...

Heather regarding your comment on my blog. Do you have an email address. I would love to give you more information if you are interested. You can email me through my blog. With all of Izzaks problems I have learned quite a bit.

Anonymous said...

hey this salad sounds good. I jotted down the recipe, lets see if I can get my very picky family to eat this!
How are YA?
Blessings

Heather K said...

hey Shekina..
I'm good... been really busy lately.. did your family like the salad??? How are you? How was your weekend away?
=o)

Ash said...

Hi Heather,
I am popping over to your blog now. Sorry I didn't get over sooner, I am a slacker :) This recipe sounds yummy. I will give it a try. I see you are a stay at home Mom, me too! I love it so much.
Feel free to come back over anytime!

Have a fabulous day,
Ash

Anonymous said...

Hey! :)
I don't remember if I left a comment for you or not yet haha oops!

So you might get 2 somewhere.

I just wanted to say thanks so much for the comments - it's great to 'meet' people who understand my point of view on different parenting/life issues (like TV watching).

I added you to my favorites so I'll be checking in on your blog.

Thanks again! :)