Monday, April 16, 2007

Busy week here

Well this week I'm working full time with quite a bit of traveling time on top of my work hours.... not that I'm complaining about that, as I get paid traveling time. It's most likely that I won't be posting anything too much this week... at least until Saturday. That is unless of course one night this week I get more antsy for the computer than I am tired!
I've got lunch for tomorrow in the oven. I made cornish pasties with leftover roast (venison). MMMM good! The kids (well maybe Dad more than the kids) are so excited because Mom rarely gets this creative. Hopefully they turn out nicely.
Well I hope you all have a good week....oh .. yes..I heard the news today of the University shooting in Virginia. That is so sad and so beyond comprehension! We need to be really praying for the families of those that were there. Especially that they will turn to Jesus for comfort and hope. I really hope that the Christian community there steps up to the plate and gets involved.
Well take care and God bless you all this week.
ps.
give your loved ones an extra squeeze!
pss
We got started on painting the livingroom. We did one coat...phew.. what a job... our ceilings are vaulted, so I needed a tall helper..... good thing the girls are tall! (Dad too). We got one coat done and need to do one more. It will have to wait for the weekend.... I really love the colour. It's called bluffs. Descriptive hey! Doesn't that just give you a word picture!!?! Ummm no.... Just kidding.....It's about the colour of our clay bluffs around here though....it's a warm sort of golden sand colour... I'm using black iron for accents along with red pillows and a painting for some interest..... Not your cup of tea hey Candy!! It's a big change from the pale pink that it used to be. Well... I'm off!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is terribly sad, and you are so right that we need to give all our loved ones an extra hug!!

Your lunch sounds really good. I hope your busy week goes great for you!!

~ Amy ~ said...

Have a good busy week! I agree with you about the shootings. What a terrible thing! Jesus is the only one that could bring comfort and peace to those peope. I hope they seek Him.

Portrait of Peter said...

My prayers and thoughts are with all the parents and families of those bereaved and also for the children injured at the Campus.

One cannot comprehend the magnitude of this horrific incident.

Candy said...

Hahhaaa Well, I will miss your pale pink :( But I cant wait to see any new pics you might post later. Im sure it will beautiful :)

Im considering painting our walls in the new place a pale pink haha
guess what color they are right now... BRIGHT RED! (not my shabby/romantic style) :)I will post pics soon after we move.

Have a nice week.
I posted on my blog yesterday and today.
Hugs,
Candy
xo

Lori said...

I was also saddened to hear about the shooting in Virginia. That is such a tragedy.
You sound like you are busy. Happy painting!!

my4kids said...

Sounds like your are busy!
I can't wait to get into a house I can paint again. We have to have white walls since we are renting and it is just. so. boring!

my4kids said...

I left a comment earlier but it seems to have disappeared?
Anyway...
sounds like you had a busy weekend and week. I am jealous of your painting our walls are all plain white since we are renting. I can't wait to get our own home again so I can paint!

Portrait of Peter said...

That sounds a wonderful colour scheme - hope to see the end results.

Have a good week.

Blessings to you all.

Candy said...

Did you get the comment I left on this post yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Will you come paint my livingroom? You have experience:)

Heather K said...

WOW!! all those comments have come home to roost!! I have no idea what happened but now there are lotsa comments that just showed up today!