Saturday, April 14, 2007

Birthday Meme--I've been Tagged!

Terri from my4kids has tagged me for a birthday meme....Actually I find this quite interesting as alot of it is American history and I love history. Even though I'm Canadian, I took American geography and history for several years in school. I loved American Social Studies (which we did because it was a Christian School with curriculum from Texas)then when they wrote the Canadian version I hated it... it was so boring compared to your history! We memorized all the dates for all these American battles and also who the General was.... I loved it! Anyway... I'll get on with the meme..
Thanks Terri!!


BIRTHDAY MEME

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthdate only -without the year:

August 12

2. List 3 events that occured that day:
A) 1851 - Isaac Singer granted a patent for his sewing machine
B)1952 - The Night of the Murdered Poets - Thirteen most prominent Jewish intellectuals were murdered in Moscow.
C)981 - Release of the IBM PC or Personal Computer

3. List 2 important birthdays:

A) 1762 - King George IV of the United Kingdom
B)1980 - Matt Thiessen, Canadian-born musician (Relient K) (one of my girls favourite Christian bands)

4. List 1 death:

A)1982 - Henry Fonda, American actor (b. 1905)

5. List a holiday or observance:

A) United Nations - International Youth Day (since 1999)

TAG 5 OTHER BLOGGERS:
AND THE LUCKY WINNERS ARE...............

Kitty's Korner
Weaver Mom
Leigh Ann
Ginger
Amy

Okay now I'm going to attempt the "real mum" meme... well later on.. this evening.
Have a great weekend!!
Heather

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather, come check out my reply, hehe!

Anonymous said...

That youtube is INSANE! Who lets people like that out? I'm sorry, but that is just crazy. My husband and daughter did a bungy drop once and I thought I was going to be sick. I hate heights and I just don't understand that mentality. I'm not adventursome. My husband and my girls all are. I just close my eyes....ahhhh! I pray alot, haha...no seriously :)

my4kids said...

Glad to see you took the challenge. I liked it also. I'm a bit of a history buff myself to I enjoy finding out about different things I didn't know about

Momma Roar said...

I'll probably post it tomorrow. Since I forgot to post the recipe, I'll put it here (I need to get this cookbook off my desk and back to my kitchen)
Roman Chicken
2 c diced chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 c broth or water
1 c diced celery
1 c diced onions
1 c chow mein noodles
1 c cashew nuts
Combine chicken, soup, broth, celery, onion and 3/4 of the noodles. Add nuts and sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake 30 min at 350.
Btw, I thought your results were great for the Am-English quiz!!

Anonymous said...

This was a fun one to read!! I will do mine today. All I know, is I know I share a birthday with Mick Jagger, so I need some new birthday trivia!!

Can't wait to read your answers to the Real Mums meme!!

Lori said...

It was interesting to find out what happened on your birthdate.
I also did this one on my site.

Momma Roar said...

Mine's posted, stop by when you get a chance. Hope your having a great weekend!

Momma Roar said...

Mine's posted, stop by when you get a chance. Hope your having a great weekend!

Portrait of Peter said...

I too found this meme most interesting and indeed reading fellow bloggers birthdate events.

An ideal education lesson for us all.