Friday, March 23, 2007

A Painting Day.

I got a call from a friend this morning.... She had some painting questions..... I helped her paint her daughters room about 6 years ago...Well her hubby was starting to paint their daughters room and there are some built in shelves and cupboards. Yesterday while she was out he got the paint out and started to paint....Well between him and their 9 year old girl, they decided to sponge paint. ;o) My girlfriend started to have a bit of a panic when she saw it and thought uh oh.... maybe I'll call Heather to see if she can help him.... Well when I got there the sponging was painted over in the base coat. I guess when he finished with the sponging he decided he didn't really like it either. What we ended up doing was "smooshing". Here's a sample of what it looks like..... this isn't the painting that we did though, but the colours are very close to what we used!You paint the base coat, then put a slightly lighter or darker colour mixed with glaze over top.
As you paint your way around the room, you put plastic over top and "smoosh" the paint around. Then you peel the plastic off and "Voila"! There you have it-a beautiful textured wall. This is a great technique for an imperfect wall, it hides many problems!
Well I just got a lovely surprise at my front door!! This same friend just stopped by with a beautiful bouquet of daffodils and red tulips, as well as a manicure gift certificate, to say 'thank you' for the help this morning. She's a very thoughtful friend! Well must go. I have a to do list for the rest of the day
-sweep kitchen floor
-pick up groceries for tonights potluck dinner with friends.
-prepare the food(veggie tray)
-pick up flowers for Grandma for sitting with kids tonight and earlier this week.
Have an awesome weekend!!
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The painting technique sounds really neat!! Your friend is lucky to have you to help her!! :-) This weekend we'll be doing a little painting too, but nothing artistic, just painting the doors and door frames throughout the house to freshen things up a bit.

Hope your Grandma is doing much better!!

my4kids said...

Wow that sounds like a really cool painting idea, never heard of it before. I wish I had a friend like that when I was painting our last house. All I ever manage is regular painting. I am not creative in that way. Also thats great she bought you the flowers and gift certificate at least you know she appreciated it!