Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Got a Camera!!! yaaay!



I'm so glad I finally got a camera. I've been without one for many years. Which makes me very sad, since we've missed MANY photo opportunities with the kids these last several growing up years. :(

I got a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-H3. It is last years model, so I got a great deal on it. I ended up paying about $100 for it. It's brand new, but it is last years model and was the last one in the store. It was on sale for $300. The salesman then threw in a $30 bag, a $75 memory card and also took off $100!! It was a super deal.

We had dropped into C*ostco to visit my brother, who manages their hearing aid department. He came outside and ate lunch with the kids and I and then wandered over to the electronics store nearby.
My brother, Tom, has been looking into cameras lately so was able to tell me that this is an excellent camera and well worth the cost at $300! So it was exciting to be able to walk out with such a good deal in hand!.



The camera had a VERY good review with one minor, slightly negative comment. In many ways it is very comparable to an SLR! It has 'super steady shot'...very good for shaky me..it has 10X optical zoom and 8.1 mega pixels! One other good feature is that it is powered by a lithium rechargeable battery! I did NOT want a camera that required AA batteries. The camera also included a charger for the battery.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Yeah for you. I don't understand all the technical stuff but am most happy that you now have a camera.
Susan

Ron T said...

Just wanted to see if I could actually post something here. Nice pics!

Writer in Residence said...

Congratulations - a camera to awaken the joys of vision.

I too - have a Sony and I have delighted with the quality of photo's and having a battery - means I do not have open my wee purse to purchase AA batteries.

The only down side is that it stores images onto a floppy disk - but hey - I can live with that...

Enjoy your camera and the many images - you can now capture for memories in years to come.

Heather K said...

thanks for the comments and well wishes. :)
One thing I forgot to mention is that the card they gave me is a 4 gig memory card! It will hold a ton of pictures or 2 hours of video!! It's sooo nice! I think I've been spoiled now when it comes to cameras. :D

weavermom said...

Congrats!! It looks fancy - can't wait to see more pictures. :)

K said...

very exciting :) I love having a new camera and trying out new things. Aliah took the one son the beach. I dont really use the self timer on ours alot.

It is my turn to teach next Sunday so maybe I will see you there :)

Writer in Residence said...

How wonderful to see you blog theme image - it creates one of harmony at one with nature and reflective of the tranquility.

Hope you will enjoy your new camera, especially as spring allows more outdoors...

Lori said...

Love love your new camera. Enjoy using it.

my4kids said...

Sounds great I love my new camera. Same thing with my got great reviews except for one minor thing and I haven't had that problem yet. It takes AA batteries but I bought I got a deal on it including a battery charger and awesome rechargable batteries. I use it all the time and have had it since February and have only needed to charge them once and it only takes 90 minutes. Enjoy your new camera!