Monday, September 8, 2008

so...now what....?

Well here we are starting into the second week of school. Here I sit wondering what to do with myself. Oh don't get me wrong...there is LOTS to do...but I feel at loose ends without the kids here. I haven't been home alone for over a year! I have all of the kids in the local Christian school now and so that means I'm not homeschooling anyone. Which is STRANGE! I've homeschooled for 7 out of the last 11 years! So you probably get the picture....no one needs me to do a math lesson..no one needs lunch prepared...a ride to work...no one needs to be nagged to do the dishes (except myself!!), no one needs to be supervised in the pool...no nagging to bring me their dirty laundry..jeepers...I sound like a real nag, don't I?! I don't think I am really...but....hmmm....anyway, I think you see where I'm going. Soooo....I'm going to make myself a cleaning schedule, so that I have a direction to head when I get up in the morning and don't wander around like a lost puppy! If I don't lay it out I tend to get overwhelmed and don't know WHERE to start! And then don't start anywhere--which is not a good thing. :) If you have a super duper organizational schedule of house cleaning and you'd like to share...please leave me a comment about it or send it to my email listed on my profile. Thanks so much

Have an awesome week.


Heather

Update: I will be helping in Janelle's class a few times a week...so that should keep me busy in between keeping a house for a family of 6!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WISH I had a great schedule for getting chores done, but I am kind of drifting around, not knowing what to do when the kids are gone, too. The only difference is, I have a toddler to chase and clean up after, so nothing is getting done TOO well!! I hope someone will share some tips with you here, because I know I could also use them =)

MightyMom said...

I started writing on the calendar 1 major cleaning goal a week. so that every month the whole house got a good cleaning.

Hope all kids are doing well this year!

Lori said...

Heather, Hi!

I would feel the same way you do too..except that I usually have 2-4 or more little ones here for daycare everyday. So that keeps me more than busy.

I'm sure it is hard. We are having a rough time with Megan going off to kindergarten.
She didn't want to go yesterday.
I was just telling my husband how much I love being at home and being there for my family as opposed to working outside the home (which I did for those 3 1/2 yucky months).

Plus we aren't feeling well either.
I am coming down with a cold. I have a sore throat and feel very yucky, tired etc.

In answer to your question on my blog...why I haven't been around. I guess I have just been busy.
Maybe I will find time to post this weekend.

Take Care and God Bless.

Love and Hugs,
Lori

my4kids said...

I wish I had some sort of organizational help to offer you but I'm not at all organized!

I left you an award on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the 'organisational skills' as each day opens - let the sunshine decide on what chores have to be done.

And it's good that you can help with the schooling too.

Annie said...

cleaning?? What's that???? ;)

if you go on my new blog and click the link on the right that says "our first blog", does that work?

If not I'll have to send everyone an invite....

thanks for checking that out for me, Heather ;)

weavermom said...

I say enjoy, enjoy! Clean, but not too much! :)

I do have a cleaning schedule. If you still want some kind of system, let me know and I'll send what I've got. It's based on a Emilie Barnes book, with a few of Flylady's ideas (the best ones, I think. :) )

Heather K said...

Thanks for the cleaning ideas ladies...and Peter: I subscribe TOO MUCH to your idea!! "Let the sunshine decide for you"...well the sunshine calls me.....out...anywhere but in a messy house....so then none of the chores get done... :D
Annie I'll come check it out.
thanks everyone
Heather

Mom to many said...

Well, I have heard you are supposed to majorly clean a room a day --- maybe I should try it. I always get that overwhelmed feeling and then start 900 projects and have a hard time finishing any of them. How do your kids like going to school this year?

The Young Artist said...

Since I'm only a kid, I guess you could say that I'm not that organized. And I guess you could agree if your my mom. But I do know that it seems to be easier to have your mind set to doing in things. Plannig out your whole day will keep your mind on it. Most of the time on weekends I plan everything out when I'm trying to get out of bed. I hope this works for you.
And back to the question on the blanket, it only took me 2-3 hours doing it. And since this was my first one, once you do this more often, youu probably get faster at it :).

Anonymous said...

Hope the chores have been - deligated?

After all - one needs to find time to 'blog' ;)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

I find I set myself one big job a week (like cleaning the windows, or the fridge, or the pantry, or something like that), and then just do all the other stuff as it's needed !! Laundry is always needed, as is cooking ... too bad !!
You'll get past this loneliness / boredom, and will take on new projects of your own, as time goes by. There are so many crafts out there ... enjoy.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

Anonymous said...

As Autumn displays her magic carpet of colours in leaves - I do hope you will find time to capture on camera - such images of Canada for all of us to see.

Heather K said...

I'll get some pictures for sure, Peter...but not yet...it hasn't really started to change colour too much here, yet.

Annie said...

just checking in....how's it going??

Lori said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Hope all is well with you.
I finally posted after MIA for 2 months.