Thursday, December 27, 2007

Our Christmas

Well here it is...two days past Christmas already!! I can't believe how fast time flies...it's kinda sad to see the Christmas holidays pass so quickly.
Like I mentioned in previous posts, we stayed home this year and didn't have any family around...which for many of you would be normal but not for us! But anyway...our Christmas day turned out very nicely. We had some friends over for the day. We made dinner together...two turkeys!! We both had tons left over. It's kinda funny how alike our families are. Most of the time when we have company over I forget to make dessert. So this time I made sure I picked up a pumpkin and apple pie on Christmas Eve. I chuckled to myself when I told Louise that I had picked up a couple pies for dessert because she had a similar reaction to what mine would have been...oh yeah--dessert!?! I think we all enjoyed the day. We ate dinner fairly early..if I remember right! We played a game of charades altogether. There were enough of us to make 3 teams. It was alot of fun. These friends are about as close to family as we could ever get. After dinner, Randal headed up to the hospital to visit his mom. While he was gone Louise knitted, Steve napped for an hour or two on the lazy boy(sounds like family,hey?!), the girls made cookies, some of the kids played nintendo, some played on the computer and some of the others just played. (we have 8 kids between us.) All in all it was a relaxing, enjoyable day. I really enjoyed the wonderful family atmosphere. I hope you all had a great Christmas.

5 comments:

my4kids said...

Sounds like a good day to me. As you know we spend Christmas with friends also this year which was unusual for us also but had a lot of fun. How is your mil doing?

K said...

Sounds like a nice way to spend the holidays- sorry again about boxing day. We have wnated to have you guys over for a while and we would still love to. Aidan is still fighting the bronchitis, although all of Ed's family had come over for a preplanned dinner tonight- The doctor said it can take a while to go away, but I am hoping the rattling in his chest goes soon.


Speaking of dessert- I made so much, that our freezer is full of tarts, cookies... I may gain 10 pounds by tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful winter picture, I love it. Sounds like a wonderful time. How is Grandma doing?
Blessings

Susan said...

Happy New Year as we start 2008, Heather.
Susan

Lori said...

Glad you had a fun Christmas.

Ours was pretty low key too. We just went to my parents house for a few days and celebrated with just my siblings and spouses.

It was kind of a sad Christmas with my grandpa having just passed away. We didn't do the big gathering that we normally do with my dads side...beings everyone was just together for the funeral (exhausted and stressed out..so skipped that gathering this year). I missed it as we have so much fun visiting with cousins and playing games. Yet at the same time is was just nice to take it easy and not have so much running.