Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blog Content

I've done a bit of an experiment on my blog.....
Quite some time ago I put up a post with political content. My readers/comments dropped right off...
So I did it again and I see that the same thing has happened again... =) I find that interesting...That tells me that you my blogger friends must all be alot like me! Really not into politics all that much. There are times that the odd thing catches my attention though....But I have a confession to make....I didn't even watch the whole video that I posted on my site! :D I found it quite disturbing... but I thought after watching the bit that I did~ this is what the people in power kind of like! People like me, that don't keep themselves informed....So yeah..I'm left feeling ill-at-ease...
There are many people that say oh this is just a bunch of garbage...conspiracy hunters....and I'd love to believe those people because they help me keep my little bubble intact. But sometimes when I see things like this I notice the walls of my bubble starting to stretch and tighten....
What do you all think?? Do you keep yourself informed about what's going on? If so...what is your main source of information? Is it the mainstream media...or something else..?? Or do you just try to ignore it all and stick your head in the sand like me???
Let's hear from you, my bloggie friends!
Thanks!! Heather

7 comments:

Susan said...

What do you all think?? Do you keep yourself informed about what's going on? If so...what is your main source of information? Is it the mainstream media...or something else..?? Or do you just try to ignore it all and stick your head in the sand like me???

Now THIS one made me think!!! I do try and keep myself informed about what is going on and my source is primarily CNN I would prefer Fox but we do not receive Fox news.

I don't try and ignore it, but usually it just reminds me how very close we are to Christs return and to double up in redeeming the time for him.

As to the video blog.....I don't know why but as a rule I don't watch the video's people post, music or otherwise. Once in a while I might but I am more of a "reader" and word person.

Don't know if I answered your questions but I tried.
Susan

my4kids said...

I try to keep myself informed but I hate to watch the news. It's to depressing. Usually I get information when I catch it on the internet news sites if I hear something I'm wondering about. Or like I said in my comment, I ask Kelly about it. He has more of a level head about things and doesn't get himself worked up about things like I can (which is why I don't watch the news). He is really into history and current events types of things though and seems to know a lot of information and also he knows how to talk through things with me so I don't get so worried about it. You know kind of like a little kid! hehe

Momma Roar said...

I'd love to keep my head in the sand.

MightyMom said...

well, my number 1 source of info is my hubby b/c I hate to constantly be bombarded by the bad stuff. Now, HE refuses to watch MSM at all....there are several really good internet sites that he loves like Little Green Footballs and Michelle Malkin and...oh go to www.agangershome.blogspot.com and go down his sidebar he has a group titled news....

I have my own reasons why I haven't been commenting and it has nothing to do with you or the content of your blog...just conincidence. which I can't seem to spell tonight.

Heather K said...

Thanks MM... I shouldn't say that I stick my head in the sand....well maybe a tiny bit I guess...Like you say...I hate to be bombarded with it constantly too. We happen to not have tv for the last year only because hubby mixed something up when programming the tv and we decided to just leave it..and only use it for movies...but I do like to know what's going on to some degree..but ya..sometimes it just gets to be too much..and then who knows if what we're hearing is the truth?!?!ahh.. I could go on but I won't! ☺

Anonymous said...

My mind is often elsewhere - in a place - that I do not even have access......

Lori said...

I don't really pat too much attention to politics.
I'm not sure which post or video you are talking about. I will have to check your site out.
I'm just catching up on your site.
I haven't been in the blog world much this week.