Wednesday, May 23, 2007

crochet project

My daughter Lindsay needed some shoes so last night her and Courtenay and I headed over to Walmart to get some for her. She picked out some kinda golden/bronze coloured runners.

While we were there I decided to pick up some wool and a pattern for a poncho for Janelle. I enjoy having something to sit and do to relax, since I don't watch t.v. I'll post some pics of the wool so you can see the pretty colours. I can hardly wait to get started!! Gotta run get at some paperwork and supervise some homework for Janelle. Then I can get my new wool out and get started....yippee!
Take care

8 comments:

my4kids said...

I love to crochet. People who know me expect blankets and things when a baby shower is held. I'm starting to teach kenzie how to do it now since my mom taught me when I was 8

Lori said...

I like to crochet too. I've crocheted many dish clothes and pot holders.

candy said...

I wish I knew how to crochet!!!

Portrait of Peter said...

What can I say on crochet???

Other than that I do know that Walmart (over here Asda) has my essential pipe tobacco = so will be there very early tomorrow = just in case they run out!!

Enjoy the day.

Heather K said...

I haven't crocheted anything other than two or three afghans before this... so it should interesting... I'm really hoping that it turns out!
As far as pipe tobacco goes Peter... well....I don't think Walmart carries it here... so if you come to Canada.. you'll have to find a new supplier!!

Portrait of Peter said...

Guess I will have to bring emergency rations!!

Hope you are all enjoying the crochet - would imagine that it is therapeutic too!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Christie Belle said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the final result! I want to learn to crochet, but just now mastered cross stitch, so I may have to take a little break before taking on a new hobby;o)

And, yes, I found a few charms that I like, I will be ordering one on the 1st (military pay day), I'm not sure how long it will take them to engrave it and get it here, but once it's here, I will post a picture;o)

Heather K said...

crochet is SO easy Christie... you could do it no problem... probably easier than cross stitch... glad to hear you found some charms you like. Did you see my reply to your comment about Jason? :oD