Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"this" real mum~

Well I've been struggling with the "Real Mums" meme for at least a week.... I've seen this done different ways and wasn't sure how I was going to go about writing this. I didn't want to write something nice and mushy that really isn't who I am....I'm not one of those "perfect" moms who does everything right. I wanted it to portray who I really am..so... here goes... my version...

This Real Mom:

1. taught/is teaching her kids how to do their own laundry because this real mum
can't 'do it all'.
2. gets her kids to clean their own room.
3. teaches her kids independence because learning to care for ones own things and ones self is very important for success in life.
4. loves to cuddle with her girls
5. loses her patience and sometimes yells.
6. has low energy days and the house falls apart.
7. loves to see her girls happy and enjoying life.
8. sometimes has to say no when her kids want to go to an event.
9. sticks to her guns when she has said no.
10. believes that a solid grounding in God's Word is important for her girls.
11. blogs when she should be housekeeping.... (c;
12. Likes to take her girls out for an occasional one on one time with mom.
13. loves hanging out at home with her girls...just spending time together.
14. loves the sound of her girls laughing!
15. loves it when her kids get along and play together nicely.
16. encourages her girls to do their best in whatever they're doing.
17. Is proud of the good choices that her girls make.
18. Is pleased to see the maturity her girls are attaining(in all aspects of their lives)!
19. loves to spontaneously jump in the van and go for a drive...like this Saturday...I'm hoping to jump in the van and go down to Oliver for a horse and tack sale.... just for the experience....but then that won't be spur of the moment - would it?!?

I could go on and on .......
So this is THIS real mum - in the flesh..lol...not one that I've copied from somewhere else.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!! I love your answers and your girls are so blessed to have you. :-)

my4kids said...

I love the washing machine pic by the way!

I like your real mom post sounds like me. It can't be mushy all the time, cause thats just not real life and I think most if not all of us yell sometimes...

Momma Roar said...

:-D Looks great, you great mum you!

Lori said...

I loved your real moms post.
Very nice.
You are a wonderful mom. It sounds like you are teaching your kids wonderfully.

weavermom said...

Great list! I think #11 is my favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

I hear a lot of me in you. I hear lots of who I wish I was also. I love girls just like you. I guess that's why God gave them to us :) Being a mom is such a wonderful responsibility and yet such hard work. Enjoy those precious gifts of yours.

Christie Belle said...

Great list! I can tell your girls are SO loved:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!!

You did a great job on this post!! It was so fun to see how all the different moms answered it. I think your girls are very, very blessed to have such a good mom!!! :-)

Candy said...

Love this Heather :)
xoxo
candy